Fish tacos may be one of the greatest things ever, especially when the salsa has the sweetness of mango and the fish has some flavor. This is a super easy recipe that could totally be made on a weeknight. One note: If you have large tortillas, you’ll probably only need one per serving. I know the recipe calls for 4 total (2 per serving), but I definitely didn’t need it. Also, the fish, mango avocado salsa, and spinach could work as a salad if you want to cut out the wrap. Versatility!
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 pound firm white fish, such as halibut or tilapia
1/2 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup chopped spinach
4 whole wheat tortillas
Mango Avocado Salsa
1/4 chopped peeled ripe mango
1/2 avocado sliced and peeled
1/8 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- For the salsa: Combine the salt, avocado, mango, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture over the fillets.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil to the pan and cook the fish 2 minutes on each side or until done being careful not to overcook. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Heat tortillas over an open flame until slightly charred and softened.
- Break the fish into pieces and divide evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup chopped spinach and 1 tablespoon salsa and serve.
How It Should Look
Per serving: 560 calories; Fat 26.1 g (Saturated 6 g); Cholesterol 57 mg; Carbohydrates 67 g; Fiber 8 g; Protein 34 g; Sodium 1,313 mg.